One Down

Heelllloo there!


After what should have been only a few days turned into almost a month, I finally finished this summery, light vest.

I had intended on selling it, but after I finished the front, I knew that I was going to keep it.  I used Knit Picks brand CotLin DK weight yarn in Whisper.  These pictures do not show how gorgeous this yarn is.


I want to buy ALL THE YARN.

Since I first learned to knit, I've worked mainly with worsted weight.  If you are newer than I am at knitting or yarn in general, it comes in different thicknesses or weights.  Worsted is kind of middle of the road and this yarn, DK, is a bit thinner/lighter.  I think it's great for more Spring-y/Summer-y clothing.  I even happened upon some buttons that were a perfect match!

On to the next project!

Pattern found here.

7 comments

  1. that is adorable and a good color for the little redhead.....hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could capture the true color of it. It's so pretty!!

      Delete
  2. Awww so freaking cute, and yes purple is an great color for redheads (speaking as one).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable! And such a cute little model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you! I have to make as much for her now as I can because when she gets bigger she won't want to wear things that Mama made for her anymore.

      Delete
  4. Adorable! Great work. And agree with all the gals, what a sweet little model!

    ReplyDelete