Currently {june 19th}

a) I've been watching the second season of Orange is the New Black, Orphan Black, Game of Thrones, and I just watched World War Z on Netflix.  Plus a few other smattering of shows here and there.

b) Lots of wearing shorts and tank tops.  It's hawt up in here!  Well, out there it is.  The Husband keeps the a/c so cold that I have to sit under a blanket in our living room.

c) I've been wanting a new purse/bag.  I've been saving up because the one that I loved was $65 +$12 shipping.  In classic fashion, I go to the Etsy page only to see that she is no longer selling those specific bags.  Damn it.  So... I found a pattern!  I liked the $5.95 price tag much better.

d) I decided to purchase that Plum Paper Designs planner that I mentioned last week.  Now I'm waiting not so patiently for it to arrive.  I know that it takes 3-4 weeks for processing, but that is not stopping me from stalking my email.

e) We're having a hard time winning the fight against the weeds/grass growing in our flower beds.  Last year we laid landscape fabric before planting and mulching, but it made no difference.  This year the grass just grew up through it!!  I dislike using commercial chemicals, but I was so very tired of pulling up the grasses every time I turned around.  They haven't worked.  Just add weed pulling to my list of things to do every day.

Currently link up is hosted by Harvesting Kale and OT & ET.

next weeks themes:
learning, making, loving, reading, smelling

4 comments

  1. Isn't A/C weird that way? I've got all these summer clothes but end up throwing on a hoodie or snuggle under a throw all. Summer. Long. Then, when ya go outside, it's like leaving a grocery store on a sweltering day when you were a kid. (Or, was that just me?) And good for you for making your own purse/bag! Can't wait to see whatchya do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd take a sweater into the grocery store now if people wouldn't look at me funny! That freezer section is always super cold! :)

      Delete
  2. Weed pulling and grass mowing are my secret loves. If we lived closer I'd lend you some weed pulling skillz!

    ReplyDelete