Currently {june fifth}


a)  In an effort to get back to loving my camera, I'm snapping what I can of the flowers we have around the yard.  We've made big strides in making our home look pretty so I'm kind of proud of my daylilies.  This is their second year and they are blooming like champs right now!  Also we have some wildflowers that pop up every year right around our porch that are called Ohio Spiderwort.  Strange name, pretty greenery/flowers.


b)  I got the OK from The Husband yesterday to order a new lens for my camera.  We recently acquired a new credit card.  Our first credit card in more than a decade.  We had run into the circle of redundancy.  Don't have credit, can't get card.  Can't get card, don't have credit.  Stoopid.  Finally we built up enough good credit (let's not talk about that bad credit....) to make small purchases with a new card to get that revolving credit going.  So... I'm checking my email like I'm cray cray waiting for that shipping notification.

c)  We are just in the beginning of the Summer break season and I'm trying to get into a groove.  I feel like if I want to get anything accomplished I need to start learning a new pace to get it all done.  I am even considering getting a planner and planning days to blog, days to knit, days to do other things.  Otherwise, I tend to get distracted.  Pretty fuckin' easily actually.  It's like my whole life is Pinterest.

d)  I'm dropping all the stress.  This is a lofty goal, but I've spent far too much time worried about every little thing.  Usually all those things revolve around money.  The lack of money.  The lack of money management.  I'm determined to get it all taken care of and I'm not going to let it pull my hair out in handfuls.

e)  Being even the tiniest organized is saving so much time!  Organized bills, meals, plans, etc.  I've discovered that Google calendar is a huge help.  Different colors for different people, different bills, school days.  I've touted the benefits of meal planning before.  This just makes it easier.

Bonus:
Currently reading:  Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Currently watching:  Bates Motel

Currently link up is hosted by Harvesting Kale and OT & ET.

12 comments

  1. check into yoga lady....you will be surprised how much stress that can relieve along with other health benefits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No time or money for yoga! I wish I could though!

      Delete
  2. I need to get organized to save time. Have fun with your camera. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lens came in just one day! I was so excited when it arrived!

      Delete
  3. I am a hardcore google calendar at work, but for some reason haven't made it work for my personal life. I resorted to an old fashioned paper calendar, which is ok when we're at home....but when we're out and people ask if we're busy on x date, I have no idea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still use a paper planner as well. Sometimes it's just easier to grab and write down whatever I need. Plus I'm a habitual list maker!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, fun! What lens are you getting??

    I know that cycle all too well. I'm working on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you just drop a farking f-bomb? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. I use it on a daily basis so I figured if I was going to be real, go big or go home. :D

      Delete
  6. C & D x1000. Good luck with your new lens and getting that credit rolling. We're constantly in a shit spiral with credit... mainly because until Rob gets his degree we're slowly sinking money-wise (fun stuff!) But I have big plans to get a handle on our credit sometime around 2016 (haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope we can get ours somewhere near the green before 2018 when my oldest will be graduating from high school and the downward spiral of student loans will begin for us.

      Delete