DIY Pizza Pockets

Like most folks, I ogle the beautiful pins on Pinterest.  Knowing damn good and well that when I attempt whatever cutesy do-dad I pin, it will not turn out cutesy.  So I ran across a pin for pizza monkey bread and I said, "Ooo! That looks pretty easy.  I could totally do that!"  I clicked it.

Do you know what happened?  Nothing.  It just linked to the photo.  No recipe.  No instructions.  This was a pain in the ass.  I could have just searched for the recipe, but I made the executive decision to wing it instead.  Instead of monkey bread (because I couldn't make it look right in the bundt pan), mine morphed into pizza pockets.


And here is how I made them...

What You Need:

~Canned biscuits in the amount you wish to make
~Pizza toppings of your choice:  pepperoni, black olives, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, cheese, etc.
~Marinara sauce and/or garlic butter for dipping

How to Make 'em:

1.  Separate biscuits.  Take one and roll it out.
2.  Place ingredients inside.  I suggest not using the marinara on the inside.  Every time I've attempted this has ended in an ugly mess that was less than desirable.

3.  Fold biscuit over and pinch the edges together.  Repeat with other biscuits.
4.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 mins.
5.  Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!


A few of mine split open because I didn't roll them out enough.  No worries, they still tasted great!

4 comments

  1. Nom nom. Still look awesome!! I guess I don't get the appeal of monkey bread. See it everywhere, posted on FB, Pinterest, etc, but I'm just not into it. Maybe for a party? Pizza pockets, however -- sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever had it. I just thought I'd throw it all in one pan and tada!! But no. It still worked and they were pretty yummy.

      Delete
  2. oh excellent!! Love how you wing it! I have no winging in me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just DID NOT look right. And with no play-by-play... I ran with it. :)

      Delete