Guess Who's Back.... Back Again

I'm back bitches!  With a shiny new layout to boot so if'n you're reading in a blog reader or some other reason that you wouldn't be able to see my awesomeness come visit me directly!  Don't forget to check out the new About page!

I've decided to reenter the blogging community with a new outlook and what I hope to be more regular postings.  The last couple of months of the school year were pretty hectic.  In the end, it all went smoothly and I am now the proud parent of a fresh new high schooler and an 8th grader.

So what have I been up to for these past two months?  A whole lot of everything.  Staying true to my nature of being distracted and overwhelmed.

I've been knitting, but not as much as I'd like.  I have three projects going right now.  None of them done. Well, one close to done, but finishing it seems to be just out of reach.  Maybe I'll do that today.....

I've said this before and I'll probably say it many more times in the future.  I have abandoned my DSLR camera.  I didn't mean to do so and it pains me to see it sit on the shelf.  I use my phone far too often.  There was a time when I NEVER left the house without my camera.  *gasp* Who would leave it at home?!  Now I have to dust it off (literally) when I go to use it.  This is part of my new outlook.  At the beginning of the year I vowed to take a photo of my children (at least one of them!) once a week for the whole year.  I have failed miserably at this task.  Miserably, I say.

Reading.  I've made the same goal of 25 books this year as I have in years past.  This year, I am actually tracking on goal!  If you are on GoodReads, look me up (or just click the little yellow circle in the sidebar!).  I love to have new suggestions and see what everyone else is currently reading.

And lastly, cooking.  The Husband gifted me (ok, so I just bought it myself) a new Kitchenaid stand mixer for Mother's Day!  She is pretty and shiny and the most beautiful damn thing I've ever seen.  I've made more whipped cream than I really want to admit, but I'm still trying to find the right combination of recipe and my skills to make the perfect loaf of bread.  Throw your recipes at me so I have something new to try!  It doesn't have to be bread either.  Gimmie your recipes and no one will get hurt. *waves hand like it's a gun*

Here's to returning to blogging and the hope that all goals will be met!

9 comments

  1. Welcome back! :-) Can't wait to hear how life's goin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I'm so glad you made it through the last couple of months and I can't wait to see where the summer takes you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the Summer doesn't go as fast as the rest of this year has flown by!

      Delete
  3. yay!! I've missed you!
    So glad you are back and with a new layout :)
    I think I am already a friend with you on goodreads, but checking to just make sure!
    Welcome back sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you read Doctor Sleep!
    I need that.
    I just finished The Shining and need to get my hands on it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I really enjoyed it and I'm glad he did a "follow up" with one of his characters. I just got lucky and happened upon it at the library!

      Delete
  5. about time kiddo......wondered what happened......glad you back at it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little about not having anything to say and a little about spending more time off the internet. I've got to pace myself.

      Delete