Halfway There

Today is June 30th.  The last day of June.  This is RIDONKULOUS.  How are we already halfway through the year?!  This is simply not possible.  I clearly must have dozed off from February through May.  I mean, that's the only explanation, right?

You know what I did with my all too quick weekend?  A whole lotta nada.  We did all the usual stuff like mow the yard, do a good straightening up of the house.  The Husband and Son cleaned out the back of our garage.  Which our garage is more of a huge storage building.  Stores everything, but the car.  Neil was less than amused to have to be out of bed before noon and actually doing physical labor.  He kept trying to escape with excuses like, "I need to grab something to drink."  Then I would come inside and find him holed up on his bed with his computer in his lap playing games and I'd have to drag him, kicking and screaming, back outside.  Not literally though because he's bigger than me.  At his basketball physical last week, he was 5' 9" and 122 lbs.  He bests me in height by 8 inches and he still has a couple of years of growing left in him.  Crazy.

I did a bit more sewing this weekend.  I made the youngest a cute little purse.

It sewed up so quickly!  I could easily make two or three a day.  Definitely going on my list of items that I could potentially sell.  Except I'm out of interfacing and seriously don't want to drive 35 miles to buy some.  Pencil this in on the calendar as just another thing I need to do!


6 comments

  1. Soooo adorable!! And I think the whole "did a whole lotta nothing" is SOOOO relative. Getting what looks to be an intricate purse sewn, cleaning done, the lawn mowed, etc etc etc is totally enough by my standards! ;-) Hope you get yourself some interfacing, whatever that may be (I have my assumptions, but they may be totally wrong) and enjoy creating! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess you're right! We did seem to get more done that I realized. Interfacing is a type of stuff that you iron on to the back of fabric to make it a little more stable/stiff. Great for things like purses. And it was actually not that hard! I was surprised actually.

      Delete
  2. I love that little purse, so cute.
    Your weekends sound a lot like ours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm working on making bunches more! We seem to do more work on the weekends than we do during the week!

      Delete