The Day the Earth Ate Some Corvettes Because It Was Tired of the Snow

this morning | the side yard
It's the snow that never ends around here.  Brought to you by the Winter that never ends.  I know that it is officially Winter until Spring finally rolls around on March 20th, but come on!

Pictured above is our side yard about 9am this morning.  We did get enough sunlight and warmish temperatures to melt the majority of this snow away over the course of the day.  Though there is still several spots that are still covered.  All of this has finally melted away and guess what?

We are expecting snow tomorrow.

It's no blizzard/ice storm of 2014 like the East coast is enduring, but I'm so over the cold.  This flip flop loving girl wants to actually wear those flops!

Even the Earth is upset with all this snow.  Just 35 miles South of me, it opened up and ate some Corvettes.  You can read the story here.  Photos here.  There is even surveillance footage of the whole thing.  Growing up here, we're all used to seeing Corvettes.  They aren't a big deal because it's just part of south central Kentucky.  They have been built here, and ONLY here, since 1981.  You can even take a tour of the plant if you are ever in the area.  It's my understanding that they are going to try to retrieve the 8 cars from the 40ft wide, 30ft deep sinkhole and restore them to their once pristine condition.

In more local news, my son came in third in his school spelling bee.  Misspelling the word ALLOWANCE. He changed the second A to an E.  An easy mistake.  I found it ironic that we have such a hard time getting him to do his few, meager chores which means he rarely gets his allowance.  If he did them more often, maybe he would have gotten that word right.  I'm still proud of him.

And that pretty much sums up the week.  It's been a week of staying firmly snuggled inside the house.  Next week's temps are more promising so maybe...  maybe... I'll get out.

2 comments

  1. I saw that Corvette thing on the news! So crazy!

    I can't believe all the snow you're getting. Hope it stops soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either! We usually have a mild Winter in comparison to this year. I'm looking forward to Spring!

      Delete