5/52 - Less than Perfect

*a portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2014*

A friend shared a post on Facebook the other day that was so very true to what most of us see or put forth in social media.  We are not, in fact, all shiny, happy people.  You can read the post here.  I thought in the spirit of keeping it real I'd show a few shots of my children that didn't exactly make the cut of last week's photos. So I'm kind of cheating again on when exactly I took these photos, but it's been cold again this week and not exactly photogenic weather.


Even though it looks like my middle child, Kaia, is lovingly holding her sister, she was totally just blinking.  And obviously Ro wasn't in the mood to take a nice photo with her siblings.


So she escaped her sister's grasp and ran away.  Right out of one of her shoes.  She was quickly apprehended though.


And then we have the slow trigger finger.  I admittedly still have no idea what I'm doing with this SLR.  After holding and taking a few snaps with my friend Cam's camera when her sweet bundle was born, I realize that I wish I'd splurged and bought the better camera when I originally purchased mine.

No matter what camera I use though, it won't magically get rid of that pile of clean, yet not folded and still piled on the end of the couch, pile of clothes.  It won't wash that sink full of dirty dishes.  Or pick up the clutter that is our life.  So when (not if) I post a photo here, or more than likely on Instagram, don't judge me by the state of what's in those pictures.  We all know that everyone's house and life is a little scattered sometimes.  A little messy.  We can't all be shiny, happy people living in a shiny, happy house all the time.

52 project

6 comments

  1. Sometimes the outtakes are more fun to look at than the final pictures.

    What kind of camera did you get? I'm in the market and starting to compare DSLRs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Nikon D40. I think it's discontinued now, but it's a basic, entry level DSLR. My friend has their D90, but she also has a nice 50mm lens that was so quick! I've had it for a few years now and it's been a great camera.

      Delete
  2. I love these so much!!! I love pictures that are not staged and just are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The more I looked at them, the more I liked them. Though they weren't ideal by most standards, they really showed what it's really like trying to photograph my crazy kids! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi my lovely!! I awarded you the Liebster Award!
    Check it out - http://www.angiesangle.com/2014/02/another-liebster-award-why-thank-you.html

    ReplyDelete