Lurve

Here's a bad Instagram photo from this weekend.  I don't understand why cell phone companies can't make the front facing camera better.  I probably should have just used my camera instead.  Duh.

Long before Valentine's Day arrived, we had decided that Sunday would be our day.  A glorious day together without the kids!  We rarely get out just the two of us.

Our day started with the two year old jumping on the bed yelling, "Up! Up! Up!"  She hasn't yet figured out how to put sentences together.  I'd be worried, but her older sister was the same way because she had an older brother who said everything for her.  Now Rowan has an older sister AND brother to do that.  She gets her point across though.  Hence the jumping on us in the bed.  After several donut holes and some chocolate milk was had by all, off we went!

We stopped by the AT&T store in Bowling Green to lower our bill.  They have that new shiny mobile share plan that was going to save us almost $60 a month.  I'm still not really sure what's going on, but I'm getting a new phone.  Our son is getting mine and we added a line for our oldest daughter (she is beside herself excited by this fact) and she is getting his phone.  The poor guy at the AT&T store was so confused.  Good news is I get a new phone every 18 months, if I choose too.  Bad news is that I think our bill actually went up.  Oops.

A new restaurant opened a few month ago that I've been dying to try.  Qdoba Mexican Grill.  As soon as we walked in the door, it smelled so yummy!  I opted for soft flour tortilla, grilled steak tacos with Pico de Gallo, shredded cheese, lettuce, and sour cream.  Chris got the same thing, but with pulled pork and salsa verde.

By the time we got seated and had gotten our own drinks from the fountain, most of the tacos were barely room temperature.  While the flavor was great, the tortillas were very chewy.  It was difficult to even take a bite without yanking on the taco and having the tortilla stretch to lengths I wasn't sure a cooked tortilla could stretch too.  I wasn't exactly disappointed because they did taste lovely, but I wish they had stayed warmer longer and the tortillas had been a bit... more done?  I mean, they were cooked, but just not what I was looking for.  I'd like to go again and give them another try.  Maybe not on a Sunday afternoon, mid-after church rush.

After that we headed to a local used movie/music store in the area.  Love the place.  We ended up with a couple of games and five movies for under $40.  We ended our day with a trip to the grocery store and then home to get into our comfy "around the house" clothes!  It was a great weekend spent with family and friends (on Saturday) and a great day spent together.  We should take more time to enjoy life.

2 comments

  1. I actually think its a super cute photo of you two!! Sounds like a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. Chewy tacos notwithstanding.

    ReplyDelete