Currently {july thirty first}

this weeks themes:
needing, listening, learning, jumping, building

a) I am needing some serious moolah right now.  School starts in our county on August 7th.  I swear the amount of supplies I have to purchase every year has consistently risen over the course of the last 10 years.  I can barely afford to purchase all this junk, much less all the extras that are listed. Sheesh.

b) I've started listening to our local AM radio station, WLBQ - Beech Tree Radio, in the mornings.  I never thought I would reach the age that I was drinking my morning coffee while listening to the local AM radio station for my local news and events, but it's been pretty awesome.

c) This week I'm learning to get back into the groove of early mornings.  Since I made the decision to transport the kids to school this year, we've worked out that they will now be able to get about 45 minutes to an hour of extra sleep.  I will get this extra sleep too! Rowan hasn't had any problems *knock on wood* getting up earlier than usual so I think this is going to work out.

d) I am not jumping for joy that the kids won't be here during the day.  I will admit that there was a time when I was excited that they were returning to school, but time goes by so quickly.  I don't want to miss a tiny little second anymore.  I could homeschool them, but I feel like I am ill-equipped to do so.  Plus there is that whole band and basketball issue.  I don't think a two person marching band will win many competitions!

e) Building?  Hmmm...  Ahhh I know!  My anticipation has been building!  My dad has decided to move back into his camper at the end of August.  He spent one year trying out living more simply and in a more compact space.  Then for the past year, he was living in a 1 bedroom apartment in town.  Both have their pros and cons, but ultimately he decided he would rather enjoy the peace, quiet, and nature that living in the country provides.

Reading: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare.  The last book in the Infernal Devices series.  I very much enjoy her books.  I have read some people complain that she hasn't strayed beyond books about Shadowhunters, but I appreciate the way she has elaborated on many of the characters backstories and family trees.

Watching: True Blood.  I am not impressed with this last season so far.  I guess the series has run its course, but I am seriously going to be missing Lafayette.  He needs his own spin-off show.

next weeks themes:
craving, cleaning, daydreaming, growing, reading

Currently link up is hosted by Harvesting Kale and OT & ET.

**This weeks Currently photo is little Kaia Papaya around the age of one.  I posted it on my personal Facebook page too.  I'm sure she will be thrilled.

8 comments

  1. Extra sleep is always a win!

    I listen to the local AM station on the way home from work every day. It's probably not the best thing to listen to in traffic because it gets me all riled up, but I feel smarter and more informed for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize what I was missing by listening! I love that I've learned about more of the community goings-on and I get more localized weather reports.

      Delete
  2. Is your dad looking for a roommate? Because living in a camper sounds amazing! Good for him.

    I grew up thinking that only old people listen to public radio. Now I listen to it every day, all day. Like an old person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of a small camper! I have become nearly obsessed with "tiny house"/more sustainable living. I'm looking to the future though because with three kids we require a bit more space.

      I grew up thinking that too! Now I do the same thing and never without my morning cup o' joe either!

      Delete
  3. I find early mornings so difficult - I cherish any extra sleep that I'm able to get lol. It's amazing how much stuff kids "need" for school now, my daughter is starting nursery school in September and she even has a list of things she needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy! I swear I only needed paper, pencils, and crayons. Oh and glue... lots of glue. :)

      Delete
  4. I want to live in a camper! But not very realistic at this point in my life. Still, good for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! On all accounts. My husband and I are trying to look to the future at this point.

      Delete