Letting the Light In

I woke up before my alarm sounded yesterday morning.  Barely slept the night before anyway.  I was too excited.

My bestest friend in the whole wide world (since we were 11) was having a baby!!  Baby day!!

I got the older kids dressed, fed, and put on the bus for school then I woke up the youngest and got her dressed, fed, and out the door to Grandma's house.  Somewhere in all that I dressed myself and grabbed a hot coffee to go!

Induction is never fun.  Even mine wasn't ideal.  As controlled as the process should be, it's still unpredictable.  And stressful.  Especially for a mother who has experienced a significant loss.  One who is unconvinced of anything until she sees the proof for herself.


I took a bunch of photos.  Clocks, charts, IV drips.  I could tell the whole tale.  All the little details.  All the things you see when you just sit back and SEE.  But it is not my tale to tell.  I was merely a bystander.  Trying to take it all in and reassure the worried, laboring mom that she and baby are all good.

And they ARE fine.  More than fine.  Baby girl has ten fingers, ten toes, tall like her father, with her mother's cute little nose.  And mom?  Wow.  She did everything right.  Asked the important questions, survived major contractions like the champ that she is.

I couldn't be more proud of the chance that she took.  Letting the light in.

1 comment

  1. What a powerful photo and beautiful story! So glad that she has a little more light in her life. :)

    ReplyDelete