From Germany & Indonesia

I haven't been as active as I'd like to be with my Post Crossing account.  I hope to get back into sending post cards more actively in the coming year.  If you haven't heard about Post Crossing yet, check it out.  It's a great way to send and receive cards from around the world!  Direct swaps are optional as well.  Basically it works like this... You ask for an address, send a card, and when that card is registered, your address is given to someone else!  Then you get a card and register it!  I've received some very beautiful post cards!

Here are the cards I've gotten so far this month.


Sent:  18 DEC 2013
Received:  2 JAN 2014
Travel time:  15 days

This card is from Bremen, Germany.  The author asked me if my children knew the story of the Bremen Town Musicians.  They did not and neither did I.  It is a story by the Brothers Grimm.  A statue was erected in Bremen in 1953 of the four musicians.  The donkey's hooves are shiny because touching them is said to make wishes come true.


Sent:  5 DEC 2013
Received:  6 JAN 2014
Travel time:  32 days

This card came from Bandung, Indonesia.  My first card from there!  From a mother of two, who likes to cross stitch in her spare time.  This is a photo of her work.  More talented than I am!  I started a cross stitch about 6-7 years ago and still haven't finished it!

No comments