2013 Reading Challenge Update

How in the world has it already become AUGUST?!  These days, these months, this whole year!  Whoosh... blowing on past us!

And I'm FIVE BOOKS BEHIND my goal of reading 25 books this year.  I still have 16 books to read before the end of the year.

I finished up the Mortal Instruments series a couple of weeks ago.  I had read the first book back in March of 2012, but every time I returned to the library to borrow the second book, it was never available.  I gave up and moved on, but with the impending movie coming out I wanted to re-read the book.  So I just bought all five.  Helped the goal a little!

Currently, I've just finished reading Beautiful Creatures.  This book is a clear example of how books are better than adaptations turned into movies.  I'll never understand why authors allow screenwriters to alter what they have written.  Smoosh characters together, change this, change that.  I-r-r-i-tating.  Good book though.  I'm starting the second book, Beatutiful Darkness, today.  I suppose I'll finish up this series before moving on to the next.

What are you reading?  Suggestions for what I should read next?

No comments