Nurture Photography - Turquoise/Splash

This week's Nurture Photography prompt is Turquoise/Splash.  Doesn't that sound like an awesome band name?!  Last week I was not only lost on ideas, I was also mere minutes away from missing the time to add my post to the linky list.

We got a bit of Spring rain earlier this week with that massive system that swept across the country.  I'm sure pretty much everyone got some form of precipitation from it.  I feel bad for anyone living West of the Mississippi River because I think they got the worst of it.  Fifty degree temperature drops in 24 hours does not sound fun to me.  We were getting a nice steady rain so I decided to go lay down on my front porch and try my hand at trying to catch a raindrop splash.


I used my 50-200mm lens so I wasn't having to worry about getting The Precious wet.  I'm not as happy as I wanted to be.  I zoomed too much and still have tons of work on learning proper settings.  BUT... I am excited that I actually caught a drop!  I'm looking forward to the next time it rains now.

I wasn't satisfied enough with that one photo and today was beautiful.  We've been spending entirely too much time indoors since the weather became distinctly more Spring-like.  My oldest daughter is gone to the in-laws for the weekend, my youngest daughter went to my mom's house for a little visit so we decided to get out of the house and go for a hike.

Dragging my 67 year old dad to the 2 mile hiking path about 30 miles from our house that has a beautiful waterfall at the end.  Since we've had several inches of rain recently, I thought the water would be flowing down the fall well.  Perfect for a splash photo!

Except we were so out of shape that we didn't make it all the way to the end!!  Definite motivation to get moving more!  Instead I settled for the peaceful splash-less view of the quiet lake.


Previous:


You can find out more by visiting the Nurture Photography Facebook page. They are also on Instagram (hashtag #nurturephoto) and there is even a inspirational Pinterest board! Also check out Kristi of Live and Love Out Loud, Rebecca of Bumbles & Light, and Alicia of Project Alicia.

No comments