Nurture Photography - Lilac/Flowers

Our lilac tree/bush has been blooming for a week or so and it smells so lovely.  Many of the blooms have begun to die off so I was glad I was able to capture a few photos before they were gone.


We also have some wisteria growing in our back yard.  It also smells great, but the bees think so too!  I had to be cautious getting so close.


And then we have these cute little miniature daffodil looking flowers.


UPDATE:  On last week's challenge, I had posted a photo of a plant that I thought was a trillium, but I couldn't determine what kind it was.  I recently downloaded a new app on my iPad called Audubon Guides - A Field Guide to Birds, Mammals, Wildflowers, and Trees.  It's on sale for $5 (normally it's $20) until 4/29/13 to celebrate Audubon's birthday.  Through this app I was able to discover that the trillium I photographed is called a Toad Shade (trillium sessile).  I also discovered that it supposedly smells like decaying flesh.  Ick!  I'm glad I didn't get that close.

Previous:


You can find out more by visiting the Nurture Photography Facebook page. They are also on Instagram (hashtag #nurturephoto) and there is even a inspirational Pinterest board! Also check out Kristi of Live and Love Out Loud, Rebecca of Bumbles & Light, and Alicia of Project Alicia.

No comments