Big Girls Don't Cry


The weather has finally become more Spring-like.  Last week was more than nice.  It was... B-E-A-U-TIFUL!!  It was pretty windy though.  But I'll take warm, occasional clouds, windy weather over should have left sooner Winter weather.

Already I can tell that my daughters are going to be different.  I practically had to force Kaia to put on the white sandals.  She didn't wear them long.  She'd much rather have on sneakers.  Rowan LOVES shoes.  All shoes.  Sandals, boots, sneakers, slippers.  She does not care.

And pink.  Rowan loves pink.  Kaia never really cared for it.  Now, as an almost 12 year old preteen, she likes black.  Only black.  She has a black Aeropostle zip-up hoodie that she wears EVERY DAY.  Zipped all the way up.  She could probably wear the same shirt every day and no one would notice.

Kaia is also a blue jean lover.  As seen by the ripped holes in the knees of her jeans.  All of her jeans do this.  The pair from this photo are only 3 months old.  I've tried all different brands, but always holey knees.  Even when she was a little girl, her pants did this.  Total tomboy.

Rowan may grow into her tomboy self.  I think that Kaia found her's early because she had an older brother only 22 months older than her.  With the age gap between Rowan and her siblings, I think the influence will take a bit longer.

There is one thing I do know.  I love my girls.  I love their uniqueness, their likenesses, their quirkiness.  They are mine all mine.

No comments