Currently {July 9th}

I took a brief vacation from Currently posts for the month of June, but I'm back!

this weeks themes
craving, feeling, thinking, loving, reading

I have been craving some outdoor time. On Sunday, Chris decided he wanted to go fishing and asked if I wanted to go with him. Usually I let him go by himself because I get bored. This time though I grabbed my book and knitting and went.


I was recently elected secretary of the high school band boosters. I have no idea what I'm doing. This past weekend we had the monthly pork loin sale. The boosters set up a huge grill with fold out canopies and tables and sell grilled pork loin sandwich sack lunches. Parents donate canned drinks and homemade desserts and the whole shebang is only $5. This was my first experience working at a sale and the first time the new board members had a chance to work together. I have a feeling that this year of fundraising is going to be exciting.

I've been doing too much thinking. I'm just a worrier. Always stressed and freaked out. Usually it's about money. Or the lack of it really.

I am loving the garden. Twice I have been able to go out and pick fresh green beans before supper. Don't even get me started on the basil. It's growing amazingly well and I couldn't be happier. All the tomato plants are covered in tomatoes, but they are all still green. Some of them are the size of softballs.

I have been trying to get some reading in every night before I go to sleep. It's hard to find some peacefulness during the day to pay attention to what I'm reading. Currently, it's Hollow City by Ransom Riggs. It is the second book in the Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children series.


Currently link up that was previously hosted by Kale + Beans and OT & ET is being retired. *sad face* I love playing a little game of catch up with a Currently post every week so I'll be on the look out for new prompts to use from here on out.

2 comments

  1. I have been wanting to read that Miss Peregrine book for years. I need to get on it!

    I'm glad the boosters are going well. That sounds like it will keep you busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it. I found it to be unique and not something I felt like I'd read before.

      I think I may have taken on more than I can chew with the boosters, but I'm going to give it my best shot and hope for the best!

      Delete