Currently {May 7th}

this week:
bringing, running, listening, creating, buying

Bringing:  At this moment, I am bringing myself to my pre-op appointment to get ready for my surgery on the 12th.  I'm nervous.  If I'm being totally honest, I'm actually pretty scared.  At 36 years old, I've never had surgery.  Never even had a broken bone.  The only time I've ever been hospitalized was when my children were born.  I've never been put to sleep. That's what is really bothering me.  I'm just having my gallbladder removed, but still...  I iz skeer'd.

Running:  So far May has been a pretty active month for us.  We've been running to pick up one or both of the older kids from afterschool activities.  Neil has decided to try soccer this year and soon we'll be doing quite a bit more running for those games.  Kaia is considering color guard for marching band next year so she's been staying after doing some practices for that.

Listening:  I made an ambient station on my Pandora.  It's so calming and relaxing.  Helps to get the 3.5 year old to sleep faster.

Creating:  Today? Nothing.  This week?  Lots of dresses.  I haven't finished the knitted dress I'm working on yet though.

Buying:  Actually we aren't buying anything other than the necessities right now.  In fact, I just cancelled our satellite.  We talked about doing it last year, but never did it.  This year I didn't wait around for the husband to talk me out of it.  I just called and did it.  This will save us $90 a month.

Watching:  I've started watching Daredevil on Netflix.  I guess I'm a little behind.  I love to geek-out on all things Marvel so this is good.  And might I say that it's way better than the movie version.

Reading:  I should probably just stop adding this prompt.  However, I am going to the library on Saturday to look for some books.  Surgery on Tuesday so I'm anticipating laying around for several days afterward and I'll need something to do.

next week:
looking, loving, planning, starting, wishing

Currently link up is hosted by Kale + Beans and OT & ET.

8 comments

  1. Hope surgery goes well, and that you get some reading time - although I think the creating you do sort of justifies your lack of reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do spend a lot of time behind a sewing machine or needles. Maybe I should do audio books!

      Delete
  2. It's my first time stopping by your blog...so hi! I have never had surgery either, and just the idea of maybe makes me nervous. I wish you all the best with it. I haven't seen Daredevil yet, My husband watched it all and said I should. It sounds like they did a decent job on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome and thanks for stopping by! I'm super nervous, but everyone has been very reassuring so *fingers crossed*!

      Delete
  3. I hope your surgery goes perfectly!

    I've been watching Daredevil too. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been trying to ration out the episodes so they last longer! I'm going to watch the season finale today!!

      Delete
  4. Hope you're recovering well and getting a little r&r. Life without a gallbladder is just kind of annoying sometimes but really nbd. I had mine out while 4 months pregnant with Loretta and that was terrifying so I so get your fear although by now you're SO on the flipside of it and probably just hobbling around not wanting to pick up anything. Anyways reiterating the hope that you're able to take it easy and rest and are feeling better already. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And WHOA... You had yours removed while you were pregnant!?! I think I am on the upswing now, but I will admit I was not expecting it to be like this.

      Delete