Currently {May 21st}

this week:
tasting, wearing, working, checking, playing

I have not been tasting too much this week.  I'm trying to keep it bland-ish.  I don't want to upset my stomach too much.  I want to let it get used to not having a gallbladder.  However, I have been eating more and more "normal" foods to test the waters.  I even had some bacon that my husband made sure to cook a little more than I usually like it and then he even made sure to soak up as much grease as he could.  Told me he just loved me that much.  Awww...

I am wearing all the yoga pants and all the lose fitting shirts.  I would say this is because of the surgery, but I wear these more than I should on a regular basis anyway.

I have been letting others do all the working for me.  My husband and son got the four corner posts set into the ground for the fencing around the garden, but that's as far as they have gotten and I am itching to get the rest of it done.

I was checking on my incision site way more than I should.  I really, really, really wanted to take the dressing off so I could see what it looked like under there.  But I waited like I was told to do...  Finally removing it on Monday night.  There is a picture over on Instagram if you want to check it out.

I have been playing online games a bit more than usual this week.  When I have the time, usually on the weekends, I play Runescape.  Since the little has been staying with my mom during the day so I could recover without chasing a toddler, I've been logging on more often.

Watching:  Catching up on shows that I missed last week.  Game of Thrones, Lost Girl, Bitten, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., etc.

Reading:  Ermahgerd, I HAVE been reading!  Witches of East End.

next week:
watching, dealing, losing, dreaming, committing

Currently link up is hosted by Kale + Beans and OT & ET.

4 comments

  1. The incision site photo is amazing - how do they remove a whole organ like that?! Best wishes for continued healing, And, I don't know, but maybe no actual fencing for a couple more weeks? Unless they're doing the work of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I'm still amazed. I can't wait to ask the doctor about it at my follow up appointment. No fence work for me, but I did supervise! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're recovering and I hope things keep going well. It's good that you're being taken care of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has definitely been an eyeopening experience!

      Delete