This Meeting Will Now Come to Order...

The weekend was pretty much filled with rain.  Some more rain, and then flooding.  Fun times.  Good news is that we needed the rain.  Just not so much at one time.

We decided on Saturday to hit up the AT&T store because my husband has been having trouble with his Galaxy S3.  It hasn't been wanting to charge.  Not to mention there are several little burn spots (he's a welder) and a slightly cracked screen.  We had a few upgrades on our plan so we stopped to see what we could make happen.

I don't want to talk about his phone because he *gasp* decided to go with a different Android brand.  Even though it's a very nice phone and I'm semi-jealous (you can just tap the screen twice and it unlocks).  The absolutely wonderful saleswoman, Amanda, mentioned that he could also get a tablet for only $0.99.  Ninety nine cents y'all.  So he went with her suggestion and got a LG G3 and the LG G Pad 7.0 with the special offer.  He plays fantasy football and while I love me some football, I hate that he is always stealing my computer throughout football season.  Now he has his own.  And it was 99 cents!!!

It's no surprise that I got distracted by all the shiny new phones.  I was still pretty pissed that the last guy didn't bother to tell me that if I waited just a couple of weeks I could get that new Galaxy. Instead he let me buy the S4 and I have been longing the S5 ever since.  I made an executive decision and got the S5.  Bonus points... special offer with that purchase too.  A Galaxy Note 8.0 for $50.

I have an iPad, but I'm a little ashamed to admit that my 3 year old has monopolized it.  We call her Rogart because she Bogart's it.  It's so pretty and shiny.  I don't know what to do with myself.  I thought it may make typing out some quick posts easier, but the Blogger app...  *sigh*  It's nothing short of horrible.  Picture quality is pretty funky as well.

I couldn't find a case for it that I really liked so I sewed a sleeve for it myself.  I wasn't going to pay someone else to do something I could just as easily do.

I liked that fabric combination so much I decided to finally use that pleated hobo bag pattern I bought months ago and make myself a matching bag.  Because why the hell not?!


I lurve it.  I want to hug it and pet it and squeeze it and call it George.  However, it took me ALL DAY LONG to complete it.  Making them for the shop is still up in the air.  I won't rule it out though.

I also got my FitBit in the mail this weekend!  Yay for kick starting my own ass into getting more active.  I'm going to give it a couple of weeks before posting about it though.  I'm still learning the ins and outs.

4 comments

  1. Look at you being all techy! And, yeah. I find the Blogger app to be of the highest level of suckage, regardless of device. Or maybe that's just me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just you! I have no idea why they don't update that thing and make it more user friendly!

      Delete
  2. That is a screaming deal on both of those tablets! How awesome! I have a Galaxy S4 that I LOVE. I cracked the screen and keep thinking I should get a replacement, but I don't wanna because I love my phone. And this is the first phone I have ever loved like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Didn't need them, but how could we pass that up?! I did love my S4, but the knowledge that the S5 came out just weeks after I bought mine was looming over me. As soon as I switched from iPhone to Samsung, I knew I'd never go back.

      Delete