Currently {august fourteenth}

this weeks themes:
searching, wearing, needing, moving, eating

a) My current searching and eating subjects kind of go together this week!  It's no secret that I love to meal plan.  This goes nicely with the fact that I am a list maker.  I find that not only is it handy to know exactly what I am cooking for dinner throughout the week, I also tend to save money.

You can find this FREE printable here as well as many other printables for a home management binder, which I also use!

This week the things I am searching for are recipes for food we will be eating next week.  I like to mix it up and try new things, but sometimes I add in old favorites.  For example, this week I am going to make pesto chicken lasagna rolls again.  I love pesto.  I also love recipes that are yummy, but simple to make.  Bonus points for ones that are also inexpensive.  Currently that means anything without beef because that shit is expensive.  My one little pound of ground beef will have to work.

b) I'm having to wear actual "out of the house" clothes now.  Boo.  I'd like to just be in my yoga pants all day, please and thank you.  But no, I have to pick up the son from basketball practice three nights a week and he frowns upon me showing up in my comfy clothes.  Teenagers and their embarrassment.  Gah.

c) I am needing more hours in a day.  Since establishing a new cleaning schedule I have found that I do get everything done, but I also don't have much time to be lazy on the internets.  I miss you internets.

d) I ordered a FitBit.  I am very much out of shape and am not too pleased with my body in general.  I should eat healthier and drink more water.  But what put me on the path was that I saw some ridiculous BMI chart that told me I was overweight.  I know, I know... I shouldn't really listen to a chart on the internet.  I am 5' 1" tall and weigh 138 lbs.  Definitely not "overweight" by any means.  However, I still look like I am about 4 months pregnant with my little spare tire that seems to just lurve me like no other.  I don't hold myself accountable for what I eat/drink and that's going to change.  I'm going to get moving.  I'm not getting any younger and it's beyond time to start taking care of myself.  I wanted to order the scale to go along with it, but 1) it was $130 and 2) I am more interested in losing this belly than what I weigh.

Reading:  The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern - I can barely put it down.

Watching:  Not much.  Waiting for the Fall seasons to kick in so I can DVR the shit out of everything.

next weeks themes:
calling, lighting, making, watching, planning

Currently link up is hosted by Harvesting Kale and OT & ET.

7 comments

  1. Love your honest (and swear jar-riddled) talk. The internets miss you, girl. Come back to the dark side of unproductivity. ;-) I'm feeling your pouch pain, too. I'd like to find something to do that'll up my energy level, trim the mid-section, but doesn't kick one's ass - oh, and that's fun. There's no way I'll stick to it if it's not enjoyable. Does this exist in the fitness world?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there is, I have not found it. I'm not much for letting it all hang out in front of people (or spending monies I don't have) so I bought a Zumba game for my Wii. Kicked my ass. I gave up. I just ordered the FitBit so it hasn't arrived yet, but I have a treadmill so I'm going to start slapping on some earbuds, cranking up the workout station on Pandora, and walking. It might not be the most fun activity, but for now it'd have to do. I'd like to work up the energy to get our Wii cranked back up (Wii FitPlus and the Zumba when I'm feeling like I can do it).

      Delete
    2. Dude. We have Wii Fit, which kinda sucks only because it's not a stellar workout and focuses mainly on balance. Kinda not the point of the thing. Thinking of finding some free workouts and maybe yoga on the YouTube channel. ;-) Good luck! Keep us posted.

      Delete
    3. See I didn't like the original Wii Fit, but the Wii Fit Plus has so many more options. I like that I can chose a specific set of workouts with it. My favorite is still the hula hoop. Only because I can't do it with an honest to goodness hoop!

      Delete
  2. More hours in the day would be heavenly right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lists are always good, and I'd like to do more meal planning for money/not having to think after a day at work reasons. My husband works shifts and is often the one to get an evening meal together, and I'm wondering if I'd ever get him to go along with this....
    Good luck with the fitness mission. I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that menu layout - I saved the site to use later, because I do love it. I meal plan too. I usually do two weeks of dinners and we basically grocery shop for the month with that. Since some days we don't feel like what is on the menu or we ended up eating out, etc. It works well though for the most part. And yes it saves so much money and time and hassle. Again with the whole list making love ;)

    ReplyDelete