Currently {august twenty ninth}

this weeks themes:
needing, missing, reading, hoping, playing

First, I'd like to apologize for my absence.  I feel like my days are pretty full and I don't have too much time to myself.  What time I do find, I'm walking on my treadmill while watching Netflix. I really do intend to be more present.  As soon as I find a few more hours in the day...  Also, no graphic this week... I haz the lazy.

a) Needing some good recipes.  Every week I scour through Pinterest and my cookbooks preparing the weekly meal plan.  I always need simple.  And with the price of beef being so insanely ridonkulous, the choices are somewhat limited.

b) My son has decided that he is going to forego playing basketball this year.  I am already missing games.  I'm not missing the money spent getting into the games or the money spent on gas going to all the games/practices though.  I had asked him to give it one year, but ultimately it's his decision and I'll respect that.

c) Reading:  I'm still reading Book of Life by Deborah Harkness.  In fact, I have to renew it at the library because it's due back tomorrow.  Good news though.  I'm ahead on my goal for the year so yay!

d) I am hoping to somehow squeeze in some sewing time.  It's going to be a three day weekend so possibly I could get my crafting on.  I've also been working on some knitting for my best girl's sister who is having a baby!  Yay babies!

e) The youngest has been asking to go to the beach.  She even packed up a bag the other day.  I think one day next week I'm going to pack up the cooler and take her an hour north to the lake.  She'll enjoy playing and I'll enjoy watching her.

Watching:  Still watching Lost Girl.  I did catch up on the last few episodes of True Blood.  I was not impressed with this season.  It was just lacking something.

next weeks themes:
loving, craving, demanding, questioning, worrying

Currently link up is hosted by Harvesting Kale and OT & ET.

4 comments

  1. My meal plan usually only has one beef meal a week, and the rest is all chicken-based. Actually, now that my husband is gone, I'm excited to add some vegetarian meals into the mix. I have a bunch of stuff (Well, not really veggie stuff; it actually just occurred to me that I could start making that stuff!) on my pinterest board, which is linked on my blog if you're interested. I'm no cook, so everything is stupid simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See my husband thinks there must be meat or it isn't a meal! I'm going to have to find a few recipes and fake him out. I'll definitely check out your boards!

      Delete
  2. That's too bad your son gave up basketball, but maybe it's for the best. If his heart isn't in it, there's no sense in your spending the time or money to support him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer seems to make being present and finding hours to actually do stuff, be organized, or whatever just impossible.

    ReplyDelete