Things I've Learned

It's ironic that today's prompt is "things you've learned that school won't teach you" since it is the last day of school for my kids.  Next year will be my son's last year in middle school.  I've not let that really sink in just yet.  I'm going to give myself the two months of Summer break to not think about it.

I distinctly remember feeling like time took too long.  Mornings were too early, nights were too short.

School was ugh.

School taught me many things.

What school did not teach me?  Life.

I feel like I learned a lot of things in school, but none of it really prepared me on how to live.  Really live.  At 34 years old, I think that I'm still learning how to face and overcome the ups and downs that the world throws at you.

All the education in the world doesn't compare to just getting out there and living.

No comments