Izzy Ruffle, It's Like the Icky Shuffle, but Cuter

Excuse the fact that my daughter is standing on a table. Oh and also all the clutter.  Ahem... moving on.  I love those cute little ruffle pants you see everywhere, but who the heck wants to pay $40+ for a toddler's outfit? Not me.  I did a little looking around and I found the Izzy Ruffle Pants Set from Sew Sweet Patterns.

Following the pattern instructions, you make the top first. I'm still a bit of a beginner, but it wasn't too hard to follow. There are always hiccups when doing a pattern for the first time. At least there are for me anyway! I finished all the edges with an overlock stitch even though the pattern didn't call for it. I probably could have saved some time by not doing it, but I wanted it to have a more finished look.

After getting the top done, I realized that it could stand alone as a dress.  I still need to put in a small loop for the sash to hang in, but in all honesty, I'm not sure it even needs to have it.

I love her poochy little toddler belly! The bottom ruffles aren't as ruffle-y as I'd like them to be so I think on the next project I might go a little longer on the length so I'll have more ruffles. Also, I'm going to adjust the length of the bottom on the top so it's more like a top and less like a dress.

All in all, I'm pleased with this pattern. I look forward to making more. You can find more patterns and information on their website, like them on Facebook, or follow on their blog.

No comments