Wordless/Wordful Wednesday

On first glance this image looks just like a couple of kids waiting for the school bus.  Unfortunately this is actually a photo of my nearly 11 year old son sulking, crying, and generally acting like a 2 year old.

This is the first full week of school for them.  Every single day I've had to confiscate his Nintendo DS from either his backpack or his pocket.  This morning he tried to pull off a whopper I wasn't falling for.  He said, "But M-O-M... it's "game day"!"  Uh... yeah, right.  It's Wednesday.  I may have been out of school for 13 years, but I know that teachers don't have "game day" in the middle of the week and they certainly aren't doing any reward parties 5 days into the school year.

This isn't the first lie that I've caught him trying to pass off as truth lately.  It's a bit scary to be honest because he's become so very good at it.  I'm not sure that, without mother intuition, I would even know that he was trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

So question of the day... is this a normal pre-teen "thing"?  Did or have you ever caught your kids trying to sneak things past you?

Check out these other Wordless/Wordful Wednesday blogs... A Beautiful Mess, Handbags and Handguns,  Live and Love Out Loud, Seven Clown Circus, and 5 Minutes for Mom.

No comments