The Night Sky

Friday night from 8:15pm - 9:08pm | 10 second exposure each shot | f3.5 | ISO 1600
I forgot about the Perseid meteor shower on Thursday night.  I was glad to learn that we could still see a few on Friday night as well.  We grabbed a quilt and headed out.

Since I'm still learning the in's and out's of my camera I wasn't sure about the settings so I kind of just played with it until I got something worth looking at!  I wasn't able to catch any meteors though.  I animated some of the images.  Watching the sky last night I couldn't see any perceptible movement from the stars, but they were definitely moving overhead.  You can also notice that as the night progressed more stars appeared.

We saw several meteors.  One that seemed to be huge and crossed the entire sky!  I can't wait until next year!  Anyone have any good tips for getting shots of the night sky?  Send 'em on over!

No comments