Currently | Week 3


Losing | See previous post. I'm still irritated.

Pairing | I recently turned 40. Scary, I know. Up until now I have not had any kind of facial routine. I don't wear any makeup so I just didn't think I needed all that frou frou stuff. But I have begun pairing a daily toner with a daily moisturizer and wow. My skin really appreciates it. Do not wait until you are 40 to start this. You're welcome.

Surprising | I love the idea of being surprised with monthly subscription boxes. But let's face it, some of those things can be super expensive. I'm ballin' on a budget around here so when I saw that I could get a monthly yarn box from Darn Good Yarn for only $10 (plus $3.95 shipping), I jumped on it. I got my first box this week and I am not disappointed. The yarn is a roving silk and it is very pigmented and super soft. Your first box comes with a little set of their needles and a crochet hook of the same size. I immediately cast on the pattern that is also sent with the box.


Eating | So much bacon from my new Ninja Foodi. We bought it about a week ago and haven't used our oven one time to cook since. We've made fries, pork chops, chicken and veggies, bacon, and on and on. It was a little pricey, but I definitely think it was worth the splurge.


Reading | Times Convert by Deborah Harkness

Watching | A Discovery of Witches on the Sundance Now app because OH MY GOD. I so enjoyed reading these books! There are only 8 episodes though so I flew through those in two days. Now I'm binge watching Haven on Netflix. I never watched it while it was actually on the TV, but I'm liking it's quirkiness.

Weather | In typical Kentucky fashion, our weather has been both 60*F and 23*F with snow on the ground.

Rowan is wearing the Bunnyclava hat by Running Jack Knits.

4 comments