100 Days

Yesterday was supposed to be the 100th day of school here. However, the Polar Vortex of 2019 has hit southern Kentucky and the temperature with wind chill is in the negative teens. School systems all over the country have closed and ours is no different.

Sure, I didn't want to have to make up another day, but being on that school bus in below zero wind chills was not my idea of a fun Wednesday morning. Yes, the bus has a heater. No, it doesn't work worth a shit. I mean, the bus is really just a big ass tube of metal with a ton of non-energy efficient windows.

Anyway. This post is about the super awesome shirt I made for Rowan to celebrate the 100th day of her 2nd grade school year. I was just going to order a shirt online, but then I wasn't sure it would arrive in time.

Off to Hobby Lobby I go. I bought a basic plain gray t-shirt for $3.99 and some cactus appliques for (after my 40% off coupon) $3.59. Then I came home and purchased this file from Cheese Toast Digitals on Etsy for $3.25. I don't own a Cricut or Silhouette so I just used my Photoshop to remove the cactus image and change the word color.

I've had mediocre luck with iron-on transfers in the past, but I was down to the wire on getting this done. I think I've always been in too big of a rush so I took my time, pre-washed the shirt too, went slowly on the pressing, and made sure my iron was at it's hottest setting.


After I printed out the wording, I made sure to cut away most of the leftover transfer. Even though it is "clear", you can still see it.


The hardest part is getting the peel started, but I managed to not jack it up!!


Look at it. Just look! BOOM!


On to the appliques! I did not buy the kind that just iron-on so I drug out the big old sewing machine and sewed each one onto the shirt after carefully placing them in the most perfect positions.

Just kidding. I just sewed them on where ever.


She loves it and total money spent was less than $11.

Shirt - $3.99 at Hobby Lobby
Graphic - $3.25 from Cheese Toast Digitals on Etsy
Cactus - $5.99 at Hobby Lobby (I used the 40% off coupon)

Check out this FREE 100 days printable that I created two years ago!

No comments