Erryday I'm Ravelin'

I just published my first pattern on Ravelry.

I'm nervous, excited, like a deer in the headlights.

When I first began knitting, which wasn't that long ago peeps, I looked everywhere for patterns that were knit flat as I had no idea how to knit things in-the-round.  My daughter, Kaia Papaya, wanted me to make her a slouchy beanie (because she's a secret hipster), but I was having trouble finding something that I could create.

I finally came across a pattern that was 1) slouchy and 2) knit flat.  Hurrah!  I made one.  Another and then another.  I found I could literally make one of these in just a few hours.  The problem is that the original pattern disappeared.  It was posted online and is lost to the matrix.  And I had never copied or written the pattern down.


I sat down with one of her beanies, a notebook, pen, some yarn, and needles.  Several trial and errors later, I think I found a pattern that works!  Since it's not exactly original, I was working off of another pattern, I made it free!

You can find it on Ravelry here and there is also a link on my Shop tab.

No comments