Currently {january 22nd}

I've had really busy hands.  Just not busily typing on the internet.  I have been knitting ALL THE THINGS.  After the pillow,  I did my first seamless sweater!  


It took between 4 to 5 days and turned out nearly perfect!  Rowan has already asked me if I would make her another sweater.  I finally started on a memory blanket of mitered squares using little balls of stash yarn from previous (and future!) projects.  There is probably so much more I should be doing, like dishes....

This weeks themes:
starting, looking, listening, snapping, making

Starting:  I have started my first pair of knitted socks!  Finally doing a knitting project for myself for a change.  They are from the same pattern collection as the sweater I knitted for Rowan.  Called The Simple Collection from Tin Can Knits, there are 8 FREE patterns to help new knitters, like myself, get used to some of the basics of knitting.

Looking:  We've been looking at new kitchen cabinets, bath tubs/surrounds, etc.  Our bathroom is hideous and the kitchen isn't much better.  The cabinets are custom built and while that sounds awesome... it's not.  None of them are the same, doors barely close properly, lots of wasted space.  But buying new cabinets means buying new countertops, new floors, new dishwasher.  You get the idea.  Lots of research will be required.

Listening:  Rowan has really started to have the cutest little pretend conversations between her stuffed animals and little toys.  The other day I was listening to her line up all her Care Bears and they were all at the doctor's office being seen for different things.

Snapping:  I've been snapping at my oldest daughter quite a bit lately.  She seems to know just how to push all the buttons.  I feel bad for snapping at her, but she has the most horrible attitude.  I feel like no matter what I do, say, or try, she could care less.

Making:  I'm making big plans to get back on the meal planning wagon.  I want to try for monthly shopping instead of doing week to week.  This will definitely require a lot of planning on my part, but in the end I think it will work.

Reading:  Sadly, I am still reading the same book that I've been "reading" for about a month.  I haven't actually read a page in quite a while.  Maybe I should do that....

Watching:  Agent Carter!  I'm a geek, if you hadn't noticed, and I love all these Marvel movies/tv shows.  Avengers, Thor (but really I love Loki), Iron Man, Captain America, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., etc.  And I love how they all have little pieces of the others in them somewhere.  When I saw that ABC was going to be having a show about the awesome Agent Carter from Captain America, I knew I had to watch.  I'm already bummed that there will only be 8 episodes though.

Next weeks themes:
wondering, running, winning, calling, finishing

Currently link up is hosted by Kale + Beans and OT & ET.

1 comment

  1. That sweater is fantastic! You did an amazing job and the color choice is just - super super cute. Go you! And idk, planning a kitchen remodel sounds kind of crazy fun, right? Maybe I'm just weird. I feel like you'll get into it though. It's like knitting your house :)

    ReplyDelete