Currently {march seventh}

this week's themes
declaring, saving, demolishing, sniffing, despising

Declaring all out war on the mounds of laundry strewn about the house.  Last weekend, my husband and father moved our washer and dryer out of our dark, cold basement and into our "back porch".  Why did I quote that?  Because it used to be a porch.  About 50 years ago.  But it's been closed in for years, however, it doesn't have a specific purpose so we still call it the back porch.  This move required re-plumbing (I still don't have hot water yet), re-wiring, and making a place to vent the dryer.  This house is a little over 60 years old and most of the water lines crisscrossing the basement ceiling are copper.  We are now hoping to get the whole thing redone and switched over to PVC soon.  But right now, I'm just so stinkin' excited to NOT have to pack clothes up and down stairs to that basement!


Saving as much hope as I can for any kind of Summer vacation.  Today marks my children's 19 snow day of the year.  This is the second time this year that they have missed a whole week at a time.  My only complaint about all this is that they may end up extending the school year into June.  Normally, we are an August to May school year.  The school board has already extended the year from May 21st to May 30th.  It's been a very unusually snowy Winter here.  Maybe the state will step in and give us a break.

Demolishing pots of coffee a day now.  I've turned into my mother.  Minus the smoking.  P.S.  Dear Mom, I know you read this.  Smoking isn't good for you.  "Don't ever let me catch you smoking!" *as I point and wave my cigarette at you*  This is an inside thing.  She'll get it.

Sniffing dishes in the fridge.  We recently bought a brand new refrigerator and still food disappears inside it's doors.  How does this happen so quickly?!

Despising.  You know what?  I'm not really despising much right now!  Maybe all this snow and cold we've had, but really I've just let that roll on by.  I've really made an effort to change my perspective on life.  This requires me to not take things so seriously.  It's been easier than I thought it would be to let things go.  However, some things leave a deep seated pain that a change of attitude just doesn't fix so quickly.  I'm still working on that.

                                                                  next week's themes:
hoping, wondering, working, wearing, eating


Currently prompts hosted by Lindsay of Ot & Et and Randalin of Harvesting Kale.

5 comments

  1. I love these prompts!!
    I am so excited for you new washer/dryer area, you have such nice washer/dryers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I highly recommend NOT purchasing a front loading washer. Such a pain in the arse. If I could go back, I'd still get a HE, but it would be top loading.

      Delete
  2. lmao....no offense taken on your quote........I'm still down to less than a pack a day and who knows someday it may be none at all....I love the change on the washer/dryer......you've wanted to do that for a long time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I didn't mean it offensively! I meant it ironicly.... wait... is that a word? :)

      Delete
  3. Ugh. I can't imagine all those snow days! I'd love to have one, just because it would be kind of cool. But nineteen???? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete