Currently {october eleventh}

I didn't open my laptop for almost three days.  I only opened it last night to write this post.  My kids are on break from school this week so I've been trying to take this opportunity to change the rules around the house a little.  So here is what I've been looking, making, wondering, playing, and wearing this week!

I have been looking at the pages of a book.  I'm still behind on my goal of reading 25 books this year, but I'm making decent progress.  I've read 16, reading my 17th, so just 8 books away.  With about 12 weeks left in the year....  Ack.

These kids.  Shoo.  Gimmie, gimmie.  No give-y, give-y.  I've become fed up.  I know that, as a stay at home mom, I shoulder the majority of the household duties.  I feel like the kids are taking more and more advantage of that situation though.  Always wanting to go somewhere, have someone over, buy a new game, eat ALL THE FOOD, and God forbid they not have a cell phone.  (My oldest daughter doesn't have one. Simply because we don't feel, at age 12, she needs one or has the responsibility for one. She does have an iPod though.)  So this week, I'm making them new chores.  Previously, they were only feeding/watering/walking the dog and cleaning the litter boxes.  Problem is, they weren't doing them OR I would have to tell them to do it with much complaining.  This week they have been told that I will no longer be reminding them to do these chores AND I'm adding a chore.  Dishes.  Monday, Wednesday and every other Friday are my daughter's days to load/unload the dishwasher.  Tuesday, Thursday, and every other Friday are my son's days.  Every day they don't do their chores or I have to remind/tell them, I take away the phone and/or computer for the same amount of days.

I've been wondering how fast I can knit items to sell.  I almost feel like the market is saturated with people who want to stay at home making items.  I'd still like to try though.  I enjoy sewing, knitting, and being all crafty.

Not much playing going on around here.  Not for me anyway.  Ro is all over the place, all the time.  Classic toddler.  She has really begun to show her personality and it's just the cutest thing ever.

Since the kids have been home and I haven't had to go anywhere or do anything....  I've been wearing a lot of my pajamas.  All day.  Every day.  What?!  Fall breaks were invented by mom's who love their yoga pants.

NEXT WEEKS THEMES:
dreading, anticipating, thankful, watching, choosing



Currently is a weekly feature hosted by Randalin of Harvesting Kale and Lindsey of OT and ET.

No comments