Bright Orange

This weekend went by so quickly that I'm absolutely sure it's still Friday.

Except for the fact that I'm still a little stiff and, to be honest, bewildered.

What's that?  You want to know why I am stiff and bewildered?  Because an 18 year old college student cutting through the parking lot of Wal-Mart on her way to pick up her friend for the local college football game failed to stop at a sign in said parking lot and DROVE RIGHT INTO US.

She wrecked My Precious.



How do you NOT see a bright orange car?  She didn't see the car or the stop sign.  And she told the cop just that when he finally arrived almost 30 minutes after we called.  We exchanged all the paperwork, got our copy of the police report, and headed to the house.  While looking over the report I happened upon her birth date... just four years older than my son!!!  Oh jeez....

It doesn't seem like much, but with age comes... well, age.  I woke up on Sunday morning as stiff as a board. Luckily, we were all ok and the car was still able to be driven home.  Now begins the saga of insurance companies...  *sigh*

No comments