Bang and Fizzle

Well, I'm probably the world's worst at accepting a challenge and then finishing it.  Be it a blogging challenge or a photo challenge.  I always start out with a bang and end with a fizzle.

The Blog Every Day in May blogging challenge was no different.  Sometimes though I just don't have anything to say.  I don't/didn't want to force myself to write on a prompt or subject that I just wasn't feeling.  Ya feel me? Ha!

Part of the problem is that the kiddos are now out of school for Summer break.  That means I have to do things like feed them.  Gah... why do they need to be fed every day?!  Also I've been doing things like all the piled up laundry, extra dishes, and cleaning the dirty house.  Oh and the yard.  We've been really hitting the yard work. Hard.  We even bought a new rechargeable electric weed whacker.  The husband and I were both so tired of yanking and yanking and yanking on the pull cord of the barely two year old gas weed whacker.  With no results.  Why do they make that stupid pull cord?  Stupid.

And honest to goodness reading.  A book.  A physical, made out of paper and cardboard, book.  I made a goal to read 25 books this year.  (Oh lawd... another "challenge"!)  I have only read four.  (One of the books was actually three books combined into one volume, but since it was all together I'm only counting it as one.)  That means I'm about six books behind schedule if I plan on actually completing this goal.  I could probably stand to spend less time on the computer anyway.  I'm on GoodReads if you want to be my fwend.  We can compare our poor reading choices together.

On the nail front, I'm down to seven good nails.  Three have done their classic split on the edge.  It's always so low that I fear I'm going to rip it off below where it should be.  I wish I could figure out why they keep splitting in that same place.  Here is an example.  I guess I just haven't found the right nail routine quite yet.  I'm determined to not have chewed up, nubby nails!

So if you don't hear from me for a little bit you know why!  I'm washing, cooking, chasing a two year old, and chewing all my nails off!!

No comments