Introducing...

I haven't had time to do much blog reading or writing.  I apologize.  The past 4 days have been a real blur for us.  I wish I had better photos for you, but I haven't really had time to break out the Precious just yet.  So these first few photos will have to do...  for now anyway!

First photo!!

Rowan Elyse born July 7th, 2011 at 11:17am.  She weighed 6 lbs. 14.3 ozs. and was 19.5 inches long.

I was really excited about being induced on Thursday.  I had no idea it was going to go so super fast though!  I have been having contractions off and on for a couple of weeks, but when I arrived at the hospital on Thursday morning I was only 3cm dilated and 70% effaced.  It was better than starting from nothing, but I thought I would have been just a bit further along since my regular appointment on Tuesday.  

By 7am, I was all hooked up to an IV getting hydrating fluids and Pitocin.  By about 8:30am, my contractions were coming every 3 minutes and lasting about a minute each.  The on-call doc from my doc's practice was impressed with my progress so she broke my water.  The rest was such a whirlwind!  My awesome L&D nurse, Tatiana, asked about my pain level and I told her I was fine, it was only around a 4-ish.  Then, literally, five minutes later... I was asking where she was because the pain level drastically changed from a mere 4-ish to more of a 7-ish.  That was about 10am.  By 11am, I told them that if the doc didn't get there soon some one better be an All-American catcher!  I was ever so happy to see his face when he walked in a couple of minutes later.  I'm kind of glad that it went so quickly because it was much harder than I remembered.  We are very fortunate to be happy and healthy.

Please overlook my super sexiness...  



No comments