Crazy Days of Summer Week 6: Patriotism

pa·tri·ot·ism:  love for or devotion to one's country

This is the Merriam-Webster definition for patriotism.  I imagine it's quite accurate, though I think things like "LOL" and "ROFL" are also now listed in the dictionary and that puzzles me.  I had ideas of photographing objects like flags, colors (red, white, and blue), and fireworks.  All things that generally represent what appears to us as patriotism.



For us, every year we represent our patriotism by attending our county fair. It is love for and devotion to our country... sort of! The Catfish Festival is an annual event that culminates on July 4th with tons of fun stuff = catfish plates that include fries and hush puppies, rides, fireworks, etc.  As I wandered around the midway, smelling the good smells (and resisting that ever present urge to eat like 5 funnel cakes!), watching the kids playing, running, laughing...  I remembered why we celebrate that patriotism.  Why we love our country.  

Freedom !!!!


Make sure to stop by Alicia and Kristi's blogs to see how others are representing their patriotism this week!

P.S.  If all has gone well then I should be chillin' at the hospital right now holding my brand new baby girl!   Hopefully I can pop in with a few photos soon!

No comments