What's your guess Wednesday!

I know this is supposed to be a photo post.  Sometimes with words, sometimes without words so here's a photo.
Way back in 2010....

Ok, so I know you are jealous of my super sexy self, right?  Just say yes and humor me.  I would have some new photos to post today, but I just haven't been in the photo taking mood this week.  To be honest.... I've been having contractions off and on for about a week now.

Don't freak out.  They aren't regular by any stretch of the word, but they haven't been pleasant either.  Just uncomfortable and random.  I was supposed to see the doc last Thursday (and ironically that's when they started), but the office called on Wednesday to reschedule saying the doc was going to be out of the office.  Yesterday was my new appointment and I'm down to going every week now.  I was supposed to do yet another glucose test.  I un-apologetically cheated on it.  I was up ALL NIGHT LONG with acid reflux like nobody's damn business and all I could think was, "I can't have anything to drink or eat."  Finally at 4am, I gave up, drank some water, and took some Maalox.  I couldn't help it!!  It felt like my throat was going to explode!  I did start drinking that nasty glucose solution on time, but I didn't force myself to chug it down in five minutes.  After about 15, I gave up on that too and only drank about 8 oz of a 10 oz bottle.  No, I didn't tell the doctor.  No, I don't really care.  Yes, I should care, but I don't.  So there...

Got on the scale... still 138lbs.  In three weeks I have gained....  ZERO WEIGHT!  Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.  At least I haven't lost again, right?  I was obviously bummed by this number.  The nurse said that I had "gained 10 pounds so far" like that was a good number.  I'm like 3 and a half weeks from my due date and only gained 10 pounds...  I'm not thrilled with this.  Stupid diabetes diet....

Anyway...  I let the nurse know that I had been having sporadic (at least 6-8 a day) contractions so they could put it on my chart.  She told me that he would be doing an exam that day anyway so we were all good. Woo hoo...  Guess what?  All those sporadic contractions are actually doing something!  He said I was at 1 cm and had already effaced to 60%!  One centimeter doesn't seem like even worth measuring to me, but hey, it's progress.  

My due date is July 15th, but I don't think she's going to wait that long.  My Mom's guess is either July 1st or July 7th.  My father-in-law says July 3rd.  My friend, Cam, says July 19th.  What's your guess?

No comments