It's the FINAL countdown!!

Today starts week 35 of the pregnancy!  I couldn't be more excited.  Well, yes I could.  If my due date was today and I was already at that last week.  I don't want her to come any earlier than she wants too (or needs too), but I'm ready!

I thought that finding out so soon in the pregnancy that we were going to have another little one was going to mean that the next 8-9 months were going to drag by super slowly.  I was so wrong!  I blinked and now we are almost to the end.  Next week is my last "2 week" check-up.  After that I'll have to start going every week, b-u-m-m-e-r...  I also have a follow up glucose test next week.  Yes, I have to do that shit AGAIN!  The doc just wants to make sure that the GD isn't getting worse.  I hope he says it's all good and I can eat any old thing I want.

I really didn't think that I was eating that many sweets and sugars, but have you ever actually looked at the labels of foods?  I didn't.  When I actually started to pay attention to serving sizes and the like I was dumbfounded at the amounts of carbohydrates in some foods.  And damn that high fructose corn syrup is in EVERYTHING, isn't it?  Trying to determine what type of sweetener is acceptable is a whole other ball game.  I've resulted to just drinking water.  Plain, boring water.  I still cheat.  I bought a 2 liter of Cheerwine a couple of weeks ago.  That stuff is awesome.  You pretty much have to live in the Southeast part of the U.S. to get it.  You can order it online, but it's kind of pricey.  I only paid $1.25 for the 2 liter.

You know what else has me itching to have this pregnancy over?  The HEAT!  We're going on our 12th straight 90F weather day.  Oh and our A/C unit... it's barely hanging on.  It wasn't working at all until last Tuesday when the HVAC guy came to service it.  We thought it was just in need of some freon, but alas... we were wrong.  He said that it was near fully charged, but there were two different sensors that had gone bad.  Word is still out on how much that's going to cost us and when they will actually be put in.  He had to order them.  Until then though, he unhooked one and said we'd be fine.  The second sensor is some kind of ambient outside thermometer sensor.  This one does something I'm unaware of and means that every so often we have to turn the unit off.  Leave it off for about 20 minutes, then turn it back on.  Happy, happy, joy, joy.

Basically it all boils down to this....  I need to give birth and we need a big, ginormous pool!  Simple, right?

No comments