Cold Weather and the Need for a Quilt

I know you are all just dying to know what I did this weekend.  'Cause you know... I'm speshul.

Click for larger view.
It was possibly the dreariest day of Spring so far.  We had to sit at the soccer field for over an hour (because the referee was 15 minutes late) for my daughters game.  We were all frozen by the time it was over.  Why does the soccer season have to start so early?

To make lemonade out of our lemons, we decided on a little road trip to Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park in Dawson Springs to check out the campsites there.  Unfortunately, the campsites aren't very welcoming to tents, but geared more for pop-ups or travel trailers, but the views of Pennyrile Lake were awesome.   After driving around to the lodge and cottages I couldn't help but suddenly wonder if I could carry a watermelon and when exactly I had arrived at Kellerman's.  The lodge was on a rock bluff overlooking the lake and the view of it from the small dam was very welcoming.  We've already looked into renting a cottage soon.

In other news, I decided several months ago that I would make my own baby quilt.  I'm not using a pattern either.  I originally had it in my mind that I would use 3 inch squares.  I've no idea what I was thinking.  I was going to have to cut 96 squares for the size I was looking to make.  I quickly threw that idea in the trash and decided on 6 inch squares instead.  Here's a little sneaky peek of what I've done so far.  Oh... and by the way, that "minky" type fabric is a pain in the ass. It has nap so it moves while sewing AND after cutting it leaves cute little fuzzy bunny monsters ON EVERYTHING.  Just an FYI...

Click for larger view.


No comments