Our Weekend



Our weekend was a whirlwind!  On Saturday, our friends called and said they had discovered a pay lake.  We dropped what we were doing (which was nothing), dropped the kids off with my mom (thanks again, Mom!), and off for fishing we went.

I think we arrived to the lake around 4pm and stayed until 10:30pm.  We even got a free fireworks show because the neighbors were having a cookout.  However, between Chris, Mark, and his sons, Forest and Anthony, we ended up with about 70lbs of catfish!  That meant we still had to clean them and cook some supper.  I guess there isn't anything like eating fresh fish that you've just caught at 2am!  By the time we got home it was already 3:30am.

My dad was due to arrive from Florida about 4am so we made the executive decision to just stay up.  What was the point in taking a 30 minute nap?  By the time I finally made my way to the bed for some sleep, I'd been awake for 29 hours!  I powered napped for 4 hours then we headed out to the local Green River Catfish Festival.  The best place to enjoy a county fair, fireworks, and catfish plates complete with hush puppies, fries, and cole slaw.

It was the most enjoyable weekend we've had in quite some time.  Today we're heading out to Barren River Lake to enjoy a few days on the lake before we head to Jellystone Park to camp and eat some with our pic-a-nic baskets.  I'm hoping that both places have some WiFi.  If they don't, I'll see you guys when we return to the "real world"!

P.S. I also apologize for not responding to my last comments.  We've been a teensy bit busy!

No comments