A Full Fledged Family Weekend


Yesterday was Kaia Papaya's 9th birthday!  I can't believe my little girl is already nine years old!

We got up super early on Sunday morning and headed out for our 2 hour drive to Louisville.  The zoo was awesome.  Not very crowded and easy to find.  The animals were much like us... HOT!  There were lots of air-conditioned buildings and misting areas to help keep cool.

After leaving the zoo we headed over to Iroquois Park to meet up with my first cousin whom I didn't know even existed!  The wonders of Facebook!  Apparently my Aunt had a daughter that she put up for adoption at birth and she's been looking for her family for about 15 years!!  She found my Uncle on Facebook and pretty much the rest is history.  It was pretty amazing to meet her and her family.  We look so much alike!  The kids really hit it off well and we plan on getting together soon for some camping.

I hope that everyone else had just as great of a weekend as I did!!

No comments