Takin' It Easy

Memorial Day Weekend 2010
The kids last day of school was appropriately placed right before the Memorial Day holiday weekend, the unofficial start of Summer.  Time for a restart.

My husband reminded me that life is about living.  I have a tendency to take too much to heart and let it linger there.  Before I realize it, I'm sulking and depressed.  He surprised me by having an impromptu get together/cookout!  He was all sneaky, sneaky and invited some friends we haven't seen in a while.  Having them come by really brought my spirits up. We live so far away from everyone we usually end up staying at home and not getting out much.

I throughly enjoyed it.  This whole weekend has been a welcome wake up for me.  I'm definitely going to be spending more time living.  And now is the perfect time for getting out!  Kids on vacation, summer time is here!

No comments