Hello Out There!!

I'm here!  I'm here!  I know I completely abandoned the blog last week.  I'm still trying to slow down a little from all the running I was doing.

On Thursday, Neil participated in a field trip reward for gaining more than 100 AR (Accelerated Reader) points this year.  The school offered discounted tickets to those parents who wished to join them on the trip to Holiday World.  My mom had never been so I picked her up and off we went.  I wasn't aware until arriving at the park that I was to be in charge of 5 kids.  In fact, I thought I was going to be able to go and walk around leisurely and enjoy my day spending time with my child.  I had even packed up a cooler full of food and drinks to try to save some money.  Being responsible for those kids meant that I couldn't leave the park so all that food went to waste.  I was a bit put out when I noticed that the other parents and teachers were only responsible for 2 or 3 kids AND usually it was their own children.  I won't be doing that again.









I was completely worn out at the end of the day! I had forgotten that the school would be having their 'Spring Fling' on Friday.  And that I had volunteered to, well, volunteer.  I didn't really mind too much.  I enjoy helping out at the school.  I ended up on popcorn popping duty.  I am now the world's best popcorn popper after making that stuff from about 9am until 2pm.  Both the kids had a great time and I helped to raise money for the school!

I am happy to announce that this is the LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL for my kids!  I will be so glad to get to sleep in next week.  I'm still searching for things to keep us busy though.  We went yesterday (Sunday) to check out some cabins with some friends.  We booked an 'Amish Cabin' at Jellystone Park!  I'll make sure to not forget my pic-a-nick basket!

No comments