Family Time

I underestimated just how boring it was going to be for the kids to make their own Christmas ornaments. Last week (maybe the week before) Hobby Lobby was having a 40% off sale on their Christmas crafts. The Martha Stewart in me decided that getting the family to sit around the table and make some of our own ornaments would be a fabulous idea. Not so much. I picked up a kit that came with styrofoam balls of various sizes, pins, beads, and three colors of sequins! Wow! All that for less than $10!! Oh.My.God. Every tiny little pin had to be put through a single tiny little bead that then had to be put through a single sequin. Sounds fun, right???

Here are the boys...



while Kaia was...



not to poke herself with the pins....

After what seemed like hours and hours, I finally had...



At least, there was one finished project... Neil didn't finish his (I did)...Kaia was done in another few days...and Chris was done with his first one after I had finished my second one...

That night we finally lit...



After lighting the tree and admiring our handiwork, we decided to play some "SORRY". This is where the kids discovered their own version of...





I'd say we make one seriously abstract family...



P.S. I may possibly have spelled googly wrong in the googly eyes, but...oh well....

No comments