Currently | January 1st


This is what I am currently:

Doing | I'm trying to get the house prepared for heading back to work/school. Lots of laundry going on around here.

Thinking | I am entirely consumed with doing too much. Currently I am involved in three booster organizations as a vice president (band), secretary (soccer), and public relations chairperson (archery). I have recently also been volunteering at the elementary school every day. I became involved to be closer to the kids, but I'm so busy that it's causing the opposite to happen. I saw an increase in my anxiety in 2016, too much stress and not enough rest. With my two oldest entering their junior and senior years of high school in the Fall, it is time to step back.

Reading | Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J. K. Rowling

Watching | New kitty Damien and Nibbles. Little kitty cares not that the dog outweighs him by 35 lbs. Surprisingly Nibbles is pretty easy with him considering he's never been around such a small cat.

Eating | I bought some fresh sockeye salmon from the grocery store this week. I usually buy the frozen kind because it's cheaper (I paid $10.99/lb for the fresh on sale.) The good part about buying fresh is that the butcher cut the filet into even portions for me. With the frozen packages, you never know what size you'll grab out of the bag.

Weather | It's been rainy since last week. Still no snow.

Work in Progress | I started my first socks (AfterThought Heel Socks on Ravelry) with actual sock yarn! My mother-in-law gifted me with a gift certificate for Christmas and I splurged and bought 40" circular needles in small sizes from Knit Picks. I wanted to use the Magic Loop to do these because I can't seem to get the hang of using double pointed needles, always have laddering. I've done a couple of pairs of socks before, but they were made with thicker yarn. Of course, I'm still working on that baby blanket too.

No comments