Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You guys. I've been drunk since my last post.

Not really, but wouldn't that have made an interesting new post. Really though, things are slowly looking better.

Remember how the washing machine repairman was due to be here on July 31st? Well it was still July so of course I got a phone call a little after lunch saying that he had left his route early due to sickness and wouldn't be arriving that day. The soonest she could reschedule him was August 17th. AUGUST 17TH! A full month after his first visit and almost a month and a half after the washer broke down. I grudgingly agreed because what else was I supposed to do. It wasn't the fault of the lady on the other end of the phone. It was just still July.

The more I thought about it and the closer the first day of school got (August 6th here), I decided I'd had enough. I wasn't waiting another almost 2 weeks for him to come. I had already had the thing taken apart before so I did it again. It took my husband and myself less than 20 minutes to fix the damn thing. Works like it's brand new. I've been washing clothes like a MAD WOMAN. I know this is a "first world problem", but I am so happy to have my washing machine back. Yesterday I finally called the A & E Factory Service number and told them I just wanted to cancel the upcoming appointment. When he asked me why, I told him I didn't want to wait a month to get my washer repaired. We paid for the 3 year warranty, but having to wait for a month and a half to get repairs done is ridiculous. The repairman is coming all the way from Nashville so no wonder he only gets "in the area" once a month.

And let's see... I made some stuff.


Kaia needed a backpack/bag and I just couldn't go out and pay $50 for a good one so I made one. This one has love in the stitches bitches. Plus it's mostly black and has skulls, but the skulls are colored so it's the perfect compromise. I'm working on making several shirts, dresses, and pants/shorts/skirts for Rowan to wear. I have all this fabric so I feel like there is no sense in buying new clothes when I can just make them.

P.S. My baby is starting preschool next week. Boo. So I'll leave you with a photo of the oldest two who started yesterday.


1 comment

  1. I can't believe it was going to take all that time to get a repairman out! And that you fixed it yourself so fast! Crazy. But at least it's working now.

    ReplyDelete