Currently :: August 16th

Doing: Like whoa. I've been doing quite a bit of running because "Back to School" y'all. Band practices, soccer practices, preschool evaluations, booster meetings for band and soccer, ... trip to the ER because my son played in his first ever soccer game (it was actually a scrimmage game) as the goalie in the JV game and while diving to save the ball, got knee'd in the face by the opposing player. Broken nose. FIRST EVER SOCCER GAME. Thank goodness I was at a booster meeting and did not witness this or the fact that he continued to play, finished the JV game and started in the varsity game.

Thinking: I'm very sad about the loss of some trees from the church next door. They are building an addition that will be a rec center not only for the use of the church, but for the community too. I just had no idea they were going to be tearing down so many of the trees and it makes me very sad. If you follow me on IG, you've seen the video of the last oak being felled. I did get a message from the pastor letting me know that that specific tree has some issues and probably would have died in a few years, but it still hurt my heart and I did shed some tears. So now, I've been thinking about what/when/where to plant new trees in our side yard in the Spring.

Reading: I'm still reading What Lies in the Darkness by K. L. Cottrell. I've just been so busy that I've not had much time to relax and read. Or knit and that's just sad. I did a little knitting and a little reading, but not as much as I should have.


Watching: We put our Dish Network subscription on pause back in May. Did you know that was possible? I didn't, but when I called to cancel, the operator told me about this service. It's basically just paying $5 +tax every month so you don't have to repay to restart your service if you want to do so after the pause. You can chose to pause your service for 3-, 6-, or 9-months. We were paying almost $100 a month. It just wasn't a necessity. However, my in-laws recently told us about Sling Tv. It's just $20 +tax per month. It has nearly every tv station that we regularly watched! ESPN, A&E, HGTV, Syfy, Disney Channel, and more. We are trying it out for now on our new gifted-to-us Roku stick. So far it's pretty awesome. The only drawback is that you can only stream to one device at a time right now.

AND! It's preseason football time for the NFL! Woooooo!

Loving: I am loving that my dad is back from his visit to Florida! He was planning a trip anyway, but this one just ended up being a little more spur of the moment than he would have liked. I really wish the whole family could meet somewhere in the middle every year just to visit with each other and catch up.


Weather: The weather has been surprisingly pleasant for the middle of August. Not very humid or rainy, jusssst right. But... (there is always a "but"...) we are expecting rain chances every day next week. The rain doesn't bother me, the humidity is gross.

2 comments

  1. Chris has a Roku and we've looked into Sling TV, but he hasn't done it yet. He gets some of the basic TV channels, and thankfully gets AMC so we're all set when The Walking Dead comes back. Otherwise, when I'm at his house (which, let's face it is always) we pretty much stick to Netflix or Amazon Prime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still missing a few channels, but it's just expensive to have satellite anymore. It's disappointing.

      Delete