Hey! Yo!

What's going on y'all?!  Bet you were wondering where I R-U-N-N-O-F-T too!  That's a reference to "Oh Brother Where Art Thou", by the way.

I've been frustrated.  The frustration has escalated quickly.

What am I frustrated with, you ask?  The freakin' IRS.

We filed our taxes as soon as my husband received his W2 from his employer.  On January 18th.  JANUARY 18TH!!!  It was a Friday.  Eight weeks ago yesterday.

We still don't have our refund.  We still don't have any answers.

Have you ever tried to call the IRS directly?  Don't bother.  They won't answer.  Well, they will answer, but it will be an automated system.  I love how their website says they have "LIVE" support.  I've attempted to contact them numerous times.  Pushing every option on their "LIVE" support automated phone system.  I've still never been able to speak to a human being.  The tax preparer?  The same people we have been using for over 10 years?  They can't help us either.  "Just delays", they said.  "It's happening to everyone", they said.

No.  No, it isn't.

I'm more frustrated than normal because we are trying to buy our first home.  We got all the little ducks sitting in their rows.  Except for that stinkin' federal tax refund!

Blarg.  Sigh.  Sorry, I just had to vent.

Yesterday was a beautiful day.  Today is just as beautiful.  I'm going to stop being worried, frustrated, and irritated.  I'm going to go hang some clothes on the line and enjoy the day.

Just in case you haven't seen that movie...

No comments