My Life as Mom

When I was younger, I did not want to have any children.  Kids just weren't for me.  Of course I also thought that I'd probably not get married either!  Oh well best intentions and all.

Now I find myself relishing the fact that I am a mother.  I can't really see myself being anything else.  I am truly blessed to have such healthy children.  I would have said "healthy and happy children", but most of time they are typical "this is stupid!" teenagers.  I never expected that I'd want to be here, but here I am.  The mom running everywhere for her kids.

I love it!

I'd love it more if gas prices were the same as they were back in the days of not having to worry about packing the kids to 400 different places in a week though!

Here's what we did this weekend.

The weekly trip to Wal-Mart, where Rowan does her first solo flight without a car seat.

The parents following the bus on the hour and a half drive to watch our boys play some basketball at the GRVC tournament.

So glad that the Sun graced us with it's presence on Saturday!

Beginning of the game, the game where we beat the opposing team....

...by 43 points!!!

Then we drove over this rickety ass bridge (and I may have cried) to go into Indiana for lunch.

I stopped crying long enough to capture some Kentucky coal on the Ohio River.

On the way home... Owensboro, coal fired power plant.

Throwback Doritos!!
Guess what we are doing tonight?  Making that same hour and half long drive back to Hancock County for the semi-finals of the tournament.  Our game doesn't start until 7pm.  That puts us not getting home until 9:30-ish.  Then back up again at 5:45am the next morning.  This is going to be FUN.  When we win tonight we have to do it all again on Thursday night.

This isn't me complaining though.

I swear.....

No comments