Tiny Tush Review

My first cloth diaper purchase was six Tiny Tush Elite diapers.  First selling point that got me was they are made in the US.  Second point... at the time, they were having a sale so I jumped on it!  Buy 5 diapers, get one diaper free plus a bonus 12 pk. of Perfect Wipes.  I decided to get all white for the color.  On hindsight, what the heck was I thinking?  Well, I'll tell you what I was thinking at the time.  I wanted her cloth diapers to be all matchy-matchy with her clothes so I figured if I got all her diapers in white I'd be good to go.  Ugh... I shouldn't have listened to myself.  Tiny Tush diapers come in so many colors!  I could kick myself for only getting white.  I covet the Bella print, but I'll have to sneak that one when the hubs isn't looking!  Anyway, moving on...

This is our current setting.

Right out of the box, I was impressed.  Not only did I get my 6 diapers, I received my pack of Perfect Wipes, but I also got 3 hemp wipes too!  A bonus on top of a bonus!  After pulling all of my goodies out of the box, I grabbed the receipt from the bottom of the box.  What did I see on it?  A hand written thank you from Charlene herself!  Instant wow factor.  I'm sure she does this will all orders, but it felt personal and I appreciated that attention to detail.

See?!  Awesomeness!

The shell of these diapers are made with a waterproof PUL on the exterior and a polyester micro-fleece on the inside.  There are four sizes available for the rise with the snap down systems.  I have the "original" Elite diapers, but now Charlene has made a few improvements and the Elite 1.1 is available.  The new Elite's have color coordinated snaps and a crossover snap on the tabs.  The website says they are designed to fit babies 7-35lbs.**, but I'll be honest and say (for us) it was more around 10 lbs. that Rowan began to fit in them.  (Now they have the cutest, teeny tiniest Elite Mini for babies 4-15lbs.!)

This is fastened at the largest setting.

Inside view.

Love this feature!  You can tuck the insert under here and no mess!

Outside view

Snaps

Snap flaps... ha!

These are my absolute go-to diapers for nighttime.  They are roomy without being too bulky and give lots of room for me to be able to double up Rowan's inserts.

All in all they have been and continue to be some great diapers.  I did notice a little separation of the laminate from the fabric on ONE diaper.  One.  Out of six, that are in constant rotation on a nightly basis.  For the last 4.5 months.


I only add this because in the interest of full disclosure I don't want to leave anything out.  HOWEVER, I do want to point out that this had been a NON-ISSUE when it comes to waterproof-ness.  We've had no leaks due to this and since it's only 1 out of the 6 I purchased I figure it's just a fluke and go on using it anyway.

You can find all of the Tiny Tush products here.  They are also on Facebook, Twitter, and on their blog.

**As a side note, most one-size diapers claim the 7-35lbs. range and most would be better saying 10-35lbs.**

*All opinions are my own.

No comments